Albany SLSC are invited to take part in Laps for Life 2024!
Laps for Life is a swimming event, where participants swim 2 or 20km (or a goal that suits you) throughout March, for the 1 young person in Australia who takes their own life each day.
Getting a team involved is a fantastic way to:
- Get your community together around a shared goal
- Help young people’s mental health by fundraising for ReachOut’s free, online and anonymous services for young people and their families
- Improve your mental health, too – a well-known benefit of regular swimming!
More than 1 in 3 young people in Australia is currently experiencing a mental health difficulty. Only a very small proportion of them are accessing professional support, and devastatingly, suicide is the leading cause of death for 14-24 year olds.
If more young people knew there was a safe place for them to turn to to seek support when life doesn’t go as planned, we could help change the statistics and save countless lives. That’s where Albany SLSC comes in. We’re grateful that you have created a community to keep our coastlines safe, and we would love for you to dive in with us this March.
So how can you get involved?
- You could join individually, or set up a Albany SLSC team to tackle your swimming challenge together
- You could invite your community to join Laps for Life by promoting the challenge online or in your surf life saving club
If you’re ready to take the plunge, register your Albany SLSC team NOW to receive a free swim cap!
Further information here Laps for Life