- It is the responsibility of the patrol captain to ensure that emergency equipment is in place and in working order.
- Any damaged or missing equipment shall be reported in SLSA patrol log and the relevant club officer.
- Damaged equipment must be written into the red exercise book in the first aid room.
Status Report/Sign On
- Patrol Captains should be on patrol a half hour prior to start
- Patrol Members should be on patrol 15 minutes prior to start
- Patrol captains are required to report into SurfCom ( or similar) when they have
- opened or assumed lifesaving control of their beach.
- When signing on the following details must be provided at the start of your patrol:
- Number of patrol members
- Additional Operational equipment (separate from minimum)
- Beach status ( open/closed)
- Number of operational radios
- Number of surf craft
- In-water and On-beach head counts
- Any prevalent & notable local conditions