A big welcome to all new and returning members from the Albany SLSC Surf Sports team!
We are looking forward to a huge season 2022-23… come and join in on the fun.
- Team Leader – Nick Walker
- Boat Captain – Jeff Medcalf
- Beach Captain – Collin Pass
- Board Captain – Greg Pepall
- Ski Captain – Jason Bresanello
- Swim Captain – Dana Neumann
- Competitions Coordinator – Nadine Shepherd
- Seniors Coordinator – Nick Walker
- Youth Coordinators – Collin Pass / Dani Lynch
Please make yourself known to any member of the team for further information about ways to get involved in the club this season – we are always on the lookout for extra helpers over a number of different roles within surf sports.
This season we will again aim to run a training schedule on regular days and times through the week to maximise opportunities to train over a number of disciplines. All training by appointment with the relevant Captain or nominated Coach.
- Board Comps – Mon/Wed/Fri 6am
- Board Intros – TBA
- Ski – Tues & Thur 6am
- Beach – 1x weekday 6am
- Ironman – Saturday 6am
- Boats – varies by crew
- Social Training – Friday 5:30pm*
All training is run at Middleton Beach from the club unless otherwise advised. Times and days may vary with weather and subject to demand – get on the right communication channel so you don’t miss out.
*Bring your runners, bring your wet gear, be prepared for any weather and anything!
Club Sundays – Starts Sunday 23rd October!
Sundays are our big club day and features a weekly program designed to maximise participation, test fitness, improve performance, and develop your surf and beach skills.
- 7:00am Arrive for 7:15am Briefing
- 7:30am Club Swim – all Youth & Seniors welcome!
- 7:45am-8:45am Youth & Senior Program
- 9:00am Woodside Nippers
Carnivals & Comps – coming soon!
Not long now until the Sunsmart Endurance Championships! Book the 29th October into your calender now. This is an opportunity for those keen athletes with off season training behind them to compete in a variety of long distance surf and beach events. This new SLSWA carnival is growing in popularity every year comes highly recommended for our Youth, Senior & Masters brigades. All your favourite disciplines but distances you won’t get anywhere else in the season…
26/27th November Rainbow Coast Carnival @Bremer Bay.
Everyone’s favourite friendly comp and skills development weekend. More details coming soon!
- Coaches – if you have an interest or background in coaching, and keen to further develop your coaching skills, please register your interest! The club welcomes extra coaching support in each of our Nippers, Youth and Seniors age groups across all disciplines. Albany SLSC can also help you access the huge range of coaching resources offered by Surf Lifesaving WA every year.
- Media / Comms – help capture, share and promote our weekly endeavours to the club and wider community. Get creative – the sky’s the limit!
- Events – assist or lead the planning and delivery of any of our ‘big 3’ events including New Years Eve Swim, Harbour Swim (Easter 2023) and Surf Craft Challenge (June long weekend 2023). We also run a number of popular Club Sponsor trophy events which will this season including the BB Minicrete & Firewood Supplier Run (2nd December), and long running Smith Thornton Swim (9th December). Check the website calender for more!
If these roles sounds like you, please contact Nick Walker at email@example.com or call 0438 890 995.
Finally a huge thankyou to our Youth & Seniors annual sponsor BB Minicrete & Firewood Supplies for returning to the fold once again, and helping the club to make season 2022-23 one to remember.
See you on the beach!